January 20, 2011

Resolutions

I don't like to make resolutions, because there is too much pressure involved and at the end of the year when they are not accomplished, too many people feel like a failure. I love to make goals though.. I find myself making these lists all the time in my journal. I like to use the word 'goal' because inevitably, I may not accomplish something on these lists within a year.. or two.. or three.. lol.. there are some that just keep reappearing, but they continue to reappear, because they are that important to me and in most cases I am actively pursuing. For instance, it has been my goal to read through the entire Bible for a while. I started this endeavor in 2008 and I have not even made it through half of the old testament. However it is something I actively pursue every day, because it is important to me. I am pleased to report that I have accomplished something that has been on my list probably since that same time as well. I have opened my own shop on Etsy. Lavender Skies Designs is up and running. No more talking about needing to do it! I am sure I drove plenty of people crazy with that. Here it is!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Lavenderskiesdesigns

Ok.. so.. That was a big goal accomplished.. now what. Well completing this big goal has inspired more. I have been wanting to scrapbook more for a few years now, but have not done as much as I would like. With the Lavender Skies project up and running, I have been able to pursue scrapbooking, and I am actually doing it.. I am wondering if this could be a trend now! No more talking about doing stuff and actually doing it! I have also decided that I need to put a hold on buying more fabric. In case you did not know I have A Lot of fabric.. So my new active goal will be to use the pre-existing fabric that I have for new projects.. and old ones. I have had all these ideas, yet they always seem to get placed at the very bottom of whatever else I have decided to work on. So far I have been successful in not buying any new fabric in about a month, which is pretty good for me. I even had to go in Jo Anne's once for something else and did not even look at the fabric!  have been thinking about doing something like this since the summer. When I went to see my Grandmother she started going through her fabric and sewing stuff. She had quite a few projects that she had been collecting for many many years that were started but not completed! It kinda surprised me that this would come from her, because she has accomplished a lot, yet here were all these things that were started and not finished! I realized that I do the same thing and I do not want to go through a box in 50 years and give these unsinished projects for my grand-daughter to finish.. I want them to be done so I can show them off.

Just wanted to give an update so now I can have more accountability :).

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on opening your etsy shop, very cool bags! I remember you mentioning it awhile ago and I was wondering if you ever opened it or not!

    Also, love your new trend of doing stuff instead of talking about it! I stuggle with that too, but I made myself accountable to a craft project that I've been talking about by posting a before photo on my blog lol lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Denise! So what project are you working on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. well I have one of those round wood table that you usually cover with a table cloth, well i want to decopage (sp?) it with some orbit wrappers and then do a think layer of clear acrylic. I plan to put it on my blog once i'm done!

    ReplyDelete