August 24, 2010

Faithful

This is a poem I recently wrote inspired by the following verse in the Bible

What is some were unfaithful? Does their faithlessness nullify the faithfulness of God? By no means! Let God be true though everyone was a liar, as it is written "That you may be justified in your words, and prevail when you are judged."  ~Romans 3:3-4

Moments in time
People left behind
         but Lord
You're more important to me
         than any person
because moments have been deceiving
some have been unfaithful
But those things have never changed
             your faithfulness

Even when I was faithless
             you remained
When I provoked you to quit loving me
                      you remained
Did my faithlessness nullify the faithfulness of God?
                      By no means!
   God is true!
           Even when I was a liar
He has always been faithful to me

1 comment:

  1. God is faithful, even when we're not, even when it doe not seem like He is. This poem is a good reminder of that.

    ReplyDelete