September 6, 2010

Constant

As I was growing up, and sometimes even now, there was no place I could really identify with as being "from". That is how it is when you move around every few years. I now say I am from New Jersey, because that is just where I happened to live the longest, but no one believes me because I do not say cawffee for coffee or tawlk for talk.

However there was a place I could always point to as being a constant so to speak. That was Upstate New York, where my Grandparents are from. Between moves, I could always count on our family going up there for a visit. To me, it was always there, and it did not change. It was a place I could always go back to, even when I could not go back to the places I moved from. As I was flying home I started to realize that there will come a day where there will not be a need to go up there.. and that will no longer be a constant.

There are certain people who I can point to as constants. Some from my whole life, some from later on. Some left and came back, some have just left. I am thankful for the constants in my life right now and do not regret the ones who are no longer.

Bottom line.. In a world of uncertainty, there is really only one sure constant, and that is Jesus. Simple. Profound. True.

No comments:

Post a Comment