September 28, 2010

Bags, bags, everywhere there's bags

So I suppose I should talk about my bags since that is what inspired the name of this blog. My brand name is Lavender Skies and it is a collection of Purses.. bags.. or handbags.. depending on what you like to say, you get the idea. Lavender Skies is inspired by Indiana Skies. Never have I seen prettier skies than the skies in Indiana. Indeed there are times when they are even Lavender and it is like magic looking up. So I am trying to make more bags so I can post them on etsy.com and start selling them already. I have sold a few bags to coworkers etc, and I get lots of compliments on the bags I make. Plenty of people tell me I should sell my bags so I am trying to get serious. I have this fear though that I will make all these bags and no one will want them. No matter what anyone says I can't seem to get past that. Since I am trying to not let fear rule my life I am trying to press on, but then the fear comes back and procrastinationm takes over. Or I will finish some and see something I could have done better and take it apart. AAAAAHHHH..

So right now I have 2 smal bags that I would be proud to sell.. There were more, but I decided to take them apart and add pockets, so they are going to be included in my un finished list. Hopefully as I finishe bags I will be inspired to keep going as I see things being crossed off.

Bags in the works

13 Large Diaper and/or messenger bags
5 medium purses
7 small purses

2 comments:

  1. Great update, Lisa. Remember 2 Timothy 1:7. I have it written out and hanging on my fridge because I need the almost constant reminder. Keep using your gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,

    This is Gretchen (Sarah's friend from church) and I saw a bag you made that Sarah had and I loved it. I understand fear but you are VERY talented and I hope you open up a shop on Etsy I would be very excited to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete